Bachelor of Accounting [Te Pūkenga]
This qualification will provide Aotearoa New Zealand with people who are equipped with knowledge, technical and professional skills in the field of accounting and can apply the knowledge and skills in an ethical, socially responsible and sustainable way in a variety of business settings that aligns to Ngā Kaupapa o te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Cost$14,544 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
Employment pathways for graduates include roles in business accounting such as: Financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, taxation, treasury, banking and finance, risk management, business consultancy, across the private and public sector.
Graduates will be equipped to meet the educational requirements for membership of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and Chartered Practising Accountant Australia (CPA).
What you will learn:
When you achieve this qualification, you will know how to:
- Apply specialised knowledge, technical, and professional skills relevant to accounting.
- Demonstrate effective communication, self-management, digital literacy and currency as an accounting professional.
- Apply creative, strategic, and critical thinking to decision making and problem solving in evolving business environments.
- Integrate knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi to inform accounting and business practices in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Demonstrate ethical, socially responsible, sustainable and research informed accounting and business practice.
- Work collaboratively in diverse cultural contexts and environments with a range of stakeholders.