The purpose of this online course is to provide you with specialised knowledge of the principles of property law relative to the matters commonly encountered by legal executives in conveyancing practice.
Cost2019NZ students $630 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 14 Jun 2019
It will enable you to identify and perform the practices and procedures appropriate to situations commonly occurring in conveyancing practice, while receiving an appropriate level of supervision.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices relevant to the role of the solicitor for vendor, solicitor for purchaser, and the real estate agent in simple agreements for sale and purchase of urban land.
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices relevant to the role of a solicitor acting for a mortgagor or a mortgagee in common conveyancing transactions.
- Prepare and critically comment on conveyancing documentation commonly used or encountered by legal executives.
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: