This online course will provide you with a broad introduction to the operation of the legal profession, law office processes, key registry use, plus the applicable law and guidelines.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $630 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 10 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 14 Oct 2019
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It will also enable you to appreciate the ethical requirements of operating within the legal profession by providing an understanding of the requirements within which lawyers must operate together with law office processes and compliance requirements.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Discuss the roles and functions within legal practice and common legal transactions occurring within law offices.
- Obtain and interpret information from relevant sources and registries and apply to common transactions.
- Register documents at registries commonly encountered by legal executives.
- Discuss and apply the legal requirements for trust accounts.
- Draft a simple account to a client.
- Draft simple statements commonly used in legal practice.
50% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: