This online course provides you with the opportunity to reflect on cultural identity and how it influences the way you work in a person centred approach.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $700 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Culturally safe operating principles and values are described and applied in the workplace. Personal reflection is included based on your own cultural identity and how it reciprocates operating principles and values.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- describe their own cultural identity and its influence on their work practices in a health and well-being setting
- describe other cultural identities and their influence on work practices in a health and well-being setting
- describe culturally safe operating principles and values and their application in a health and well-being setting
- describe frameworks, approaches and models used by support workers when working in a health and well-being setting
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
This course is 100% internally assessed
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: