This online exercise course will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills needed to monitor and adapt personalised exercise programmes and to support clients in their exercise and motivation.
Cost$1,031 NZ Domestic
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It provides you with the knowledge to recognise, within your scope, when to refer a client to allied health professionals. It will also introduce you to the application of business tools and marketing strategies which will support a personal training business in the exercise industry.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Monitor and adapt personalised exercise programmes for a range of clients, and determine, within their scope of practice, when to refer a client to an allied health professional.
- Use motivational techniques to enhance participant commitment to a personalised exercise programme.
- Develop and use business tools and marketing strategies to support a personal training business in the exercise industry.
This course has no exams but does include a practical assessment.
As part of this course you will be required to undertake a practical assessment in a gym/exercise facility. The practicum component consists of 50 hours.
Open Polytechnic will work with you to establish suitable arrangements for you to engage in your practicum placement. If you already have access to a suitable gym facility then you may wish to establish arrangements with this gym yourself.
If you don’t have access to gym facilities then Open Polytechnic will work with our industry stakeholders and partners to establish suitable arrangements for you.
Access to a gym facility
We will work with our learners to set up their practicum placement. However, belonging to a gym may help with setting up the practicum.
Please note: outside of main centre cities establishing arrangements for your practicum is subject to the availability of suitable gym facilities.
No textbooks are required for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Course availability over the next 12 months