This online web programming course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to develop client-side and server-side web-based applications utilising contemporary software development standards.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1, 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will develop a functioning web-based solution from a design brief, and will implement it according to a test plan.
Students who successfully complete this online web programming course will be able to
- Use a design brief, based on analysis requirements and a feasibility study, for developing client-side and server-side web content
- Develop server-side web content using contemporary scripting languages that interacts with the client-side.
- Utilise applicable standards and protocols, and address the security issues associated with web development
- Analyse website performance and identify and correct problems uncovered by testing and/or user feedback
- Publish the tested web solution and create new or update existing web system design and workflow documents
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.