This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to enhance your effectiveness as an emerging IT professional.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1, 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will develop your communication, personal and interpersonal skills and will be knowledgeable of the legal, ethical and socially responsible practices relevant to your chosen profession.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Describe the impact of IT on business functions and structures
- Demonstrate effective report and technical writing skills and prepare and perform oral and visual presentations
- Describe ethical work practices and identify relevant legislation and industry codes of practice and conduct
- Explain the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrate an awareness of social and multicultural issues relevant to the workplace
- Demonstrate skills in self-management and an ability to perform in a team role
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.