Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 15 Oct 2019
- 20 Credits or more at Level 6 and Above in Psychology.
If you need to discuss prerequisites for this course
Personality has often been defined as the collection of attitudes, emotions, feelings, and behaviours that distinguishes one individual from another over time and different situations. It is clear that the behaviours, abilities, and attitudes of our friends and families are not only similar to ours but also different. This course examines the concept of personality, and compares different theoretical approaches (ranging from Freud to Eysenck) that attempt to explain differences in personality and abilities. The course will allow students to gain insight into how personality may be subjectively and objectively measured. The course will provide both theoretical and practical insights into personality and individual differences.
Once you have completed this course and 73325 Psychological Assessment as part of a psychology major of a Bachelor of Applied Science degree, you can be considered for test user registration at Level C through the New Zealand Council for Educational Research.
Topics covered include
- definitions of personality
- major theories of personality, such as the psychoanalytic, cognitive and humanistic approaches
- objective and projective tests of personality and their use in, for example, therapeutic and organisational settings
- interviewing; and
- issues in measurement, such as reliability and validity.
To study this course you will require access to a computer, the Internet and email.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: