This online course is research based and it's applied studies builds on previous management and general business courses. It is ideal if you are studying towards a diploma or degree. You will develop individual conceptual and analytical skills relevant to senior or general management. A major focus of this online course is on completing an individually chosen research project. Within the course, you will get the chance to identify business problems (or business opportunities) and apply problem solving/decision making models to the situation you have identified.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- identify a managerial problem in an existing organisation and write a project proposal for the research of possible solutions
- report on the application of management concepts in recommending solutions to the business problem (or business opportunity) identified above
- critically review the completed project process and outcomes.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)