This course will give you an understanding of the business finance and treasury function in terms of fundamental capital, investment, funding and risk decision concepts. It will enable you to apply financial management knowledge and skills to a small or medium size business for decision-making purposes.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 3, 12 Feb 2020
On completion of this course you will be able to
- Describe the role of the finance and treasury function in the business environment.
- Discuss how organisations make investment and distribution decisions by applying capital budgeting techniques and evaluate investment decisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial planning and control by applying knowledge of working capital to effectively manage a business for a given situation.
- Discuss how organisations are financed by comparing and contrasting financing options to recommend a course of action.
- Identify and explain basic financial risks and risk management concepts through a discussion of the principles of capital structure and cost of capital.
- Apply business finance knowledge to a given situation and provide recommendations.
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: