In this online <span>Strategy and Planning in Information Organisations course</span> you will be introduced to the concepts of strategic thinking and the processes of strategic planning in a diverse range of information organisations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1 & 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The planning process is examined, considering different types of planning including financial planning, workforce planning, physical and virtual space planning, marketing, and risk and disaster management.
These will be explored in relation to library and information service contexts, such as planning for collections, programming and services to meet diverse community needs.
Policy development and revision follows on from this, considering both purpose and content.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Apply the concepts of strategic thinking and the process of strategic planning to the work of library and information organisations.
- Review and create plans for financial, workforce, service, facilities, and risk management.
- Develop and evaluate policies in library and information service contexts.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: