This online library and information course introduces you to a range of issues and challenges facing the information industries. You will critically engage with professional, theoretical and ethical perspectives, and develop your own analytical frameworks, in order to evaluate the implications for issues regarding the provision of library, records and archives information services. You will also consider the influences shaping your own professional practice and will develop your professionalism in this context.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Use professional, theoretical and ethical perspectives to critique selected issues and challenges facing the information industries and assess the implications of these for the provision of library, records, archives and information services.
- Develop their own analytical frameworks to analyse key issues and challenges facing the information industries.
- Analyse and reflect on the influences shaping their own personal praxis, and explain what it means to be a reflective practitioner.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: