This course introduces the principles and practices associated with managing records of all formats in Aotearoa New Zealand private and public sector organisations.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The course addresses the benefits of sound records management and outlines the principles and practices that are required to ensure evidence of day to day business is correctly documented.
It covers the key strategies tools and processes that ensure records (and the information within them) are accessible, compliant, well managed, and less open to risk.
It explains what records and documents are, and how they should be classified, organised, accessed, used and disposed of.
It also outlines the theories, policies, standards, and legislation that influence records management practice, and introduces issues that impact the ongoing management and use of records that document organisational activities.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Explain records management principles, processes, and terminology.
- Apply knowledge of key aspects of records management practice in various contexts.
- Identify issues that impact on the ongoing management of records that document organisational activities, assess their effect, and develop relevant solutions.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: