Our Diploma in Library and Information Studies will prepare you to work within the transforming library and information services sectors.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$4,380 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
You will build a broad understanding of libraries and information services. This includes public, school, tertiary, national and special libraries, as well as records and information management.
You will assist in developing, organising and maintaining library services, spaces and digital technologies.
This qualification is ideal if you want to work as a a library or heritage assistant, or library community outreach.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- assess clients’ library and information needs and support them to find and use information
- support clients build their information and digital literacies
- review and select options to deliver and promote services to identified client segments
- develop, organise and maintain library and information spaces, digital technology and collections in multiple forms and formats
- meet the needs of clients in diverse communities including Mäori and Pacific peoples and the users of Mäori and Pacific information
- deliver library and information services using digital technologies.
This qualification is a starting point for the Bachelor of Library and Information Studies.
You can also gain specialist skills by studying: