The purpose of this online course is to extend the understanding of basic contract law, and commercial property transactions relating to selected business law applications commonly encountered in business practice.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $630 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 2, 18 Oct 2019
It will enable you to work competently and with minimum supervision to handle the processes and compliance requirements involved in the area of business law and practice while also developing a recognition of the limits to personal competence and training.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices relevant to the role of solicitor for vendor and purchaser in an agreement for sale and purchase of a small business.
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices relevant to the role of solicitor for the parties to other selected business transactions commonly encountered by legal executives.
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices applicable to formation and use of small limited liability companies in situations commonly encountered by legal executives.
- Prepare and critically comment on business documentation commonly used or encountered by legal executives.
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: