This online course provides you with a specialised knowledge of wills, trusts, the administration of deceased estates, and estate and asset planning. It will enable you to apply the practices and procedures used in common will, estate and trust practice transactions and matters.
Cost2024$601 NZ Domestic$2,010 NZ International2025
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Exam dates2024 OfferingsFeb - 30 May 2024
Jun - 23 Sep 2024
Oct - 23 Jan 2025
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Learners who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Analyse the structure and common contents of simple wills and enduring powers of attorney, and the requirements for making a will and an enduring power of attorney.
- Examine the key elements of a trust.
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices relevant to estate and asset planning.
- Analyse and apply aspects of the legal and general administration of a deceased estate.
- Design effective communications to beneficiaries of an estate and a trust, as well as with personal representatives and trustees.
Assessment for this course is:
- 40% internally assessed
- 60% examination.
For more information about exams, including a full list of exam times go to our exam page:
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
Course availability over the next 12 months