This online course provides you with a specialised knowledge of wills, trusts, the administration of deceased estates, and estate and asset planning. It will enable you to apply the practices and procedures used in common will, estate and trust practice transactions and matters.
Cost2019NZ students $630 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 13 Jun 2019
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Analyse the structure and common contents of simple wills and enduring powers of attorney, and the requirements for making a will and an enduring power of attorney.
- Examine the key elements of a trust.
- Analyse and apply the legal principles and practices relevant to estate and asset planning.
- Analyse and apply aspects of the legal and general administration of a deceased estate.
- Design effective communications to beneficiaries of an estate and a trust, as well as with personal representatives and trustees.
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: