This online course provides you with the opportunity to improve your working knowledge of vulnerability and abuse within a health and well-being setting.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $525 + $60 annual administration fee
This content links to safety of self as a support worker, people you work with (tāngata whaiora and colleagues), natural supports and community.
You will then explore risk management planning in the health and well-being setting you work in.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Recognise and describe responses to vulnerability and abuse in a health or wellbeing setting
- Describe relevant legislation that recognises vulnerability and abuse
- Apply health, safety and security practices in a health or wellbeing setting
- Describe risk management planning in a health or wellbeing setting
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: