This course provides you with the opportunity to explore the impact a specific impairment, condition or adverse circumstance (such as lack of housing or employment) has on the people they work with.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $700 + $60 annual administration fee
You will identify changes and take appropriate action. You will understand how to be an effective advocate and work alongside a person to develop a personal health and wellbeing personal plan.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific conditions and their impacts when providing support in a health or wellbeing setting
- Observe and respond to changes in a person in a health or wellbeing setting
- Demonstrate knowledge of advocacy and self-advocacy in a health or wellbeing setting
- Support a person to achieve goals in a health or wellbeing setting
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: