This course will help you build skills and confidence in areas that are needed for successful participation in home, whanau, and society.
Cost2024$0 NZ Domestic2025
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 10 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will consider how the environment impacts your wellbeing and learning, and identify ways that you can manage the impacts. You will also develop strategies that reduce barriers to success to ensure you are well equipped for study.
What you will learn
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- analyse the effect of significant life events on your financial income
- describe financial literacy strategies to help you manage these events
- describe strategies to contribute to household conservation, such as saving and sustainability
- describe the legal implications of living in rented accommodation, and how to prevent or solve problems
- recognise differing points of view on, and discuss strategies for, maintaining wellbeing.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Computer and internet requirements
NZ2862 : New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2) [Version 2] (online version):
You will study online using iQualify, our learning management system (LMS). With iQualify everything you need is in one place. You can access all your course content. And you can use it to ask questions and join discussions with the course leaders and other learners. You can also create study notes, bookmark important information and submit your assignments.
NZ2862 : New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2) [Version 2] (print version):
You will study this course using paper-based materials. These will be sent to you by courier.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months