This online course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to write and maintain programmes. You will utilise design patterns, data structures and algorithms to meet specifications and will apply appropriate quality assurance and maintenance techniques.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1, 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Develop programmes using object oriented coding methodologies
- Construct software with complex, multi-element architectures and abstract data types (ADTs)
- Write code, following design patterns and software development standards and apply source and version control
- Demonstrate the ability to migrate to new languages, tools and systems
- Describe optimisation concepts, techniques and the basic application of automated software builds
- Identify and apply program quality assurance and maintenance techniques.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.