This online course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to design and implement software applications.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will develop the skills and techniques required for problem-solving, for using appropriately designed software applications, and for designing interactive applications.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Identify and select techniques for problem solving and will develop critical thinking, abstract reasoning and systems thinking
- Explain the concepts of programming and apply the fundamental constructs and principles to create simple programmes
- Describe the principles of interaction design and human computer interaction (HCI)
- Identify a range of software tools, such as text editors and/or integrated development environments (IDEs)
- Describe the principles of software implementation, including user testing and deployment
- Demonstrate an awareness of procedural and object oriented programming methodologies
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: