This online social health and wellbeing course explores current funding environments and future trends in the health and wellbeing service delivery area.
Cost2024$910 NZ Domestic$2,010 NZ International2025
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The social health and wellbeing sector exists in a complex political and funding environment which impacts on all aspects of social health and wellbeing service delivery. This course explores current funding environments and future trends in the health and wellbeing service delivery area. You will be introduced to key concepts underpinning how sustainable organisations work, how they undertake service design, delivery and evaluation.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Analyse the current funding environment and its impact on service design and delivery.
- Evaluate current and future approaches to funding and sustainability within the social health and wellbeing sector.
- Critically examine options for best practice in service design - both current and future.
- Analyse monitoring and evaluation methodologies and their application in the social health and wellbeing sector.
100% internal assessment
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Health and Wellbeing (Disability) (OP780002)
- Bachelor of Social Health and Wellbeing (Mental Health and Addictions) (OP780001)
Course availability over the next 12 months