Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Sector Leadership
The online Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Sector Leadership prepares you to work within the rapidly transforming mental health sector as a confident, competent responsive and collaborative leader.
Study type Trimester
Cost$5,073 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This online programme provides an opportunity for students to understand the complexity of the environment and possess a range of strategies for engaging with people who use mental health services.
All you need is an undergraduate degree* in a relevant field, or professional experience in the sector to the satisfaction of the Programme Leader.
*If you have completed the Bachelor of Social Health and Wellbeing with Open Polytechnic you are unable to enrol in this programme
What you will learn
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership within health and wellbeing organisations, which includes a commitment to best practice, on-going professional development, and effectively managing risk.
- Demonstrate leadership within the community, which includes advocating for social justice and change; supporting inclusion, choice and control; and challenging stigma and discrimination.
- Work co-operatively and collaboratively in teams and across services in a health and wellbeing context.
- Critically evaluate information and apply appropriate models of health and wellbeing to inform innovative, evidence-based practice.
- Understand organisational budgeting, financial planning, service design and evaluation for the health and wellbeing sector, in the context of competing political, social and organisational demands.
Potential employment roles may include:
- Support Manager/Team Leader
- Care Manager
- Health Educator/Promoter
- Service Coordinator
- Public Health Manager
- Case Manager
- Programme Coordinator
- Policy Development Lead