Graduate Diploma in Disability Sector Leadership
This online Graduate Diploma in Disability Sector Leadership will prepare you for the rapidly transforming disability sector.
Study type Trimester
Cost$5,213 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme provides an opportunity for students with relevant qualifications and experience to upskill in leadership and progress their careers in the disability sector.
All you need is an undergraduate degree* in a relevant field, or professional experience in the disability sector to the satisfaction of the Programme Leader. Please check entry requirements before applying
*If you have completed the Bachelor of Social Health and Wellbeing with Open Polytechnic you are unable to enrol in this programme
What you will learn
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership within the disability sector, which includes a commitment to best practice, on-going professional development, and effectively managing risk.
- Demonstrate leadership within the community, which includes advocating for social justice and change; supporting inclusion, choice and control; and challenging stigma and discrimination.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively in teams and across services in a disability and health and wellbeing context.
- Critically evaluate information and apply appropriate models of health and wellbeing to inform innovative, evidence-based practice when working with disabled people.
- Understand organisational budgeting, financial planning, service design and evaluation for the disability sector in the context of competing political, social and organisational demands.
Potential employment roles may include:
- Support Manager/Team Leader
- Community Manager
- Service Coordinator
- Public Health Manager
- Case Manager
- Policy Development Lead