This online course provides you with an understanding of human development from conception to death. The role relationships, learning, identity and biological processes play throughout life are examined, with a particular focus on Aotearoa New Zealand.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You are encouraged to apply the theories, research and concepts learnt in the course to real life situations. You also examine the meaning behind theory and research to reach an understanding of how these can be applied to human development and in their practice.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Identify major theories and models of human development, including indigenous models.
- Apply major theories and models of development across a lifespan.
- Discuss the relationship between culture and human development.
- Identify a range of research methodologies and the appropriate context for their use.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
If you have not successfully completed study at Level 5 or higher you need to pass an online entry test before enrolling in this course.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: