This course is a first-year introductory course for people interested in a career within the health or social services industries, as a primary care worker. It introduces learners to stress: its relationship to health and illness, and how it can be managed.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics covered include
- the concept of stress and its relationship to health and disease
- the biological, psychosocial and environmental elicitors of the stress response
- adaptive and maladaptive coping responses; and
- appropriate stress management and coping strategies.
If you have not successfully completed study at Level 5 or higher you need to pass an online entry test before enrolling in this course.
This course is 100% internally assessed
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: