This course caters to students from all disciplines and focuses on the key principles of academic writing. Students will learn a variety of techniques for drafting, revising and editing academic content. While this course focuses on essay writing, the skills students learn in this paper will be useful for a variety of academic and professional writing tasks.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Topics covered include
- academic writing style
- writing structured paragraphs
- interpreting assignment topics
- constructing logical arguments
- editing and proofreading.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: