This online course deals with how organisations plan, manage and implement their strategic direction. It introduces concepts of systemic development, complexity and inter-dependence within the national and global business environments.
Delivery type2019Trimester 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
After completing this course you should be able to engage in strategic development and decision-making within a business organisation at senior management level.
For more information watch the first module introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Explain the nature of strategic management and evaluate concepts and perspectives on strategy
- Analyse the strategic environment in which organisations operate
- Explain and assess strategic choices for organisations
- Evaluate the complexities of implementing strategies to effect strategic change within a global environment
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Certificate of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Applied Management (OP7080)
- Bachelor of Business (OP700101)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management) (OP700107)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (OP700110)
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (OP700104)