This online course introduces you to the New Zealand legal system, legal research, contract, agency, tort and consumer protection legislation.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,254 + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 12 Jun 2019
Trimester 2, 16 Oct 2019
Trimester 3, 12 Feb 2020
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to demonstrate
- An understanding of the New Zealand legal system.
- An understanding and ability to apply the basic principles of tort law including the tort of negligence.
- An understanding of and ability to apply the basic principles of the law of contract.
- An understanding of and ability to apply the basic principles of consumer law.
- An awareness of an aspect of a legal topic affecting business in a given situation.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
Internal Assessment 50%
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: