The purpose of this online pharmacy course is to prepare you to communicate effectively, be able to apply critical thinking and problem solving to advance your role as a technician. This is a project based learning experience.
Cost20252024$391 NZ Domestic$1,207 NZ International
Delivery typeOnline only
Teaching weeks 32 weeks
Workload Approximately 4 hours per week
If you need to discuss prerequisites for this course
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online pharmacy course will be able to
- Analyse their current pharmacy practice to identify an area of innovation or improvement
- Communicate and negotiate with other health professionals/pharmacy staff to discuss and define the purpose and process of their project
- Develop a comprehensive project plan
- Implement a plan for an innovation or quality improvement to pharmacy practice
- Apply communication and leadership skills as appropriate with colleagues and other health professionals
- Measure, evaluate and present project results
- Demonstrate personal motivation and self-management
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months