New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician - Advanced) (Level 5)
This qualification will help you to continue your learning in pharmacy and advance your career.
Study type Open
Cost$2,008 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
This programme of study has practical components that require access to a workplace covered under the Government’s COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Visit the COVID-19 page of our website for more information on how the Government mandate on COVID-19 vaccinations for some sectors may affect completion of the practical components of your study programme.Learn more
It will give you the skills and knowledge for a senior pharmacy technician role in a hospital or community pharmacy. It will help you to further support the provision of safe, patient-centred healthcare.
It is also a stepping stone to further study in pharmacy.
Note: NZQA has reviewed this qualification. As a result, there has been a small change of title and code.
Please also note you can only study this qualification if you have completed the New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician - Core) (Level 4).
What you will learn
When you achieve this pharmacy technician qualification you will be able to:
- communicate appropriately and effectively with other health care professionals and their staff
- apply knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and medicines used in the treatment of health disorders
- understand how medicines work and affect body systems
- apply critical thinking and problem solving processes to achieve appropriate
- manage inventory and order new inventory when required.
Once you have completed this programme, you could do further study at Level 6 in pharmacy with another institution.