The purpose of this online course is to prepare you to be able to provide advice and guidance on the use of medicines as they relate to the treatment of a range of health disorders
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $600 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,800 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Apply knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology
- Demonstrate knowledge of routes of administration of medicines and different dose forms
- Explain the use of medicines in treating common health disorders
- Provide advice on the use of dispensed medicines using appropriate communication
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: