New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician - Core) (Level 4)
If you’re employed as a trainee pharmacy technician in a community or hospital pharmacy, or would like to be, this is the qualification that you need in order to dispense medicines under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist.
Study type Open
Cost$2,318 NZ Domestic
It will also enable you to support the provision of safe, patient-centred healthcare.
This programme of study has practical components that require access to a workplace covered under the Government’s COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Visit the COVID-19 page of our website for more information on how the Government mandate on COVID-19 vaccinations for some sectors may affect completion of the practical components of your study programme.Learn more
What you will learn
- Work ethically and professionally within the Pharmacy Council Code of Ethics as relevant to Pharmacy Technicians
- Apply appropriate communication techniques to inform customers/patients on health related matters
- Apply all legislation and regulations as appropriate to Pharmacy Technicians
- Dispense and reconstitute medicines under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Provide advice and guidance on the use of dispensed medicines
- Apply knowledge of medicines as they relate to the treatment of a range of common health disorders
- Manage dispensary stock and inventory using appropriate environmental and storage requirements
- Perform calculations as appropriate to dispensing.
This is an introductory qualification and will allow graduates to progress into the following Open Polytechnic programme:
Learning Pharmacy on-the-jobHaving completed the New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 4), Arzhay is now working towards gaining the New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 5) which will give her the skills and knowledge to work as a senior pharmacy technician.