Businesses and individuals rely on accountants to assess their financial situation and give advice on financial dealings
Study type Trimester
Cost$13,923 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
OP700109 Bachelor of Business (Accounting) is closed to new learners for enrolment in 2023.
Over the last eighteen months our staff have been working collaboratively with Te Pūkenga and staff from the other polytechnics who offer accounting courses, to prepare to move to a unified Bachelor of Accounting programme.
As a result of this work, all institutions in the network of Te Pūkenga subsidiaries, will be progressively closing current accounting courses as we prepare to offer new courses being developed for the unified programme.
The new Bachelor of Accounting will be offered in Trimester 1 2023, subject to approval from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). This new degree developed by Te Pūkenga will meet the new competencies introduced by the accounting professional bodies, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and CPA Australia. The same degree will be offered online and in person at Te Pūkenga campuses.
If you would like to be notified when this degree is available, please provide your details here.
If you are a current learner in OP700109 Bachelor of Business (Accounting) up to, and including, Trimester 3 2022, and depending on how many courses you have completed you will either complete the OP700109 Bachelor of Business (Accounting) or transition to the new Te Pūkenga Bachelor of Accounting.
If you are completing OP700109 Bachelor of Business (Accounting) click this link to see the last time each of the accounting courses will be offered. Please be assured that if you transition to Te Pūkenga Bachelor of Accounting you will receive full credit for the courses you have completed.
Our Bachelor of Business in Accounting will prepare you for a career in public practice, industry, government or education. You will be able to work in areas such as:
- financial or management accounting
- financial management
Watch Emma Harris, Financial Manager tell her study story.
Our Bachelor of Business in Accounting is internationally recognised and accredited by:
This degree may also give you exemptions for subjects in the UK based qualifications:
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will:
- have strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- understand business concepts, processes and procedures relevant to public and private organisations
- be able to identify opportunities, solve problems and achieve business objectives using suitable techniques with reference to ethical frameworks
- be able to critically evaluate the international, cross-cultural, economic, social and legal environments within business functions
- be able to anticipate, adapt to and promote changes important to a business
- have an understanding of your area of specialisation. Including the ability to select and apply appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques.
Bachelor of Business pathways
If you have NC5121 New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6), you can fast track your study to a Bachelor of Business through our Advanced Standing Pathway programme.
Learn more about our Bachelor of Business Advanced Standing Pathway programme
If you have NZ2459 New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5), either Accounting or Leadership and Management strands, you can fast track your study by applying for cross credit.