New Zealand Diploma in Architectural Technology (Level 6)
If you enjoy technical drawing, problem solving and using your creativity, a career as an architectural technician is for you.
Cost$10,420 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
As an architectural technician you will:
- interpret legislation such as the building and resource management acts
- apply legislation to construction drawings.
- understand the stages of a construction project, and the documentation required for each.
For more information watch the programme overview video below.
With this qualification you will be able to work in:
- construction companies
- architectural practices
- architectural design companies
- city councils.
You will be able to work under the supervision of an experienced architectural technician, designer or architect, on a variety of construction projects.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- establish the clients’ requirements
- develop and communicate a concept and building design
- prepare approval documentation for a building project following the clients’ brief
- evaluate the performance of and select materials and finishes used in the building process
- prepare, organise and present architectural working drawings for small and medium buildings. This will be in accordance with the statutory and regulatory environment
- understand the roles, documentation and administrative requirements of the construction industry, apply this knowledge and assist senior personnel through the tender process.