New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 5)
This qualification will help you to continue your learning in pharmacy and advance your career.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$1,950 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
It will give you the skills and knowledge for a senior pharmacy technician role in a hospital or community pharmacy. It will help you to further support the provision of safe, patient-centred healthcare.
It is also a stepping stone to further study in pharmacy.
You can only study this qualification if you have completed the New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 4).
What you will learn
When you achieve this pharmacy technician qualification you will be able to:
- communicate appropriately and effectively with other health care professionals and their staff
- apply knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and medicines used in the treatment of health disorders
- understand how medicines work and affect body systems
- apply critical thinking and problem solving processes to achieve appropriate
- manage inventory and order new inventory when required.
Once you have completed this programme, you could do further study at Level 6 in pharmacy with another institution.