New Zealand Certificate in Education Support (Level 4)
With our New Zealand Certificate in Education Support (Level 4) you gain the skills to play an important role in young learners' lives by supporting them during their education.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
This qualification will prepare you for a career supporting learners across the early childhood, school and community education sectors. If you are currently working as a teacher aide, learning assistant, providing education support, this programme is a great way to gain formal recognition and new skills that you can apply straight to your job.
While you study this online programme you must volunteer or work in an education setting for five hours per week. You will be responsible for assisting teachers by helping learners with their learning programme and other needs.
What you will learn
Once you have achieved this qualification you will know about:
- building professional relationships with learners and teaching staff
- assisting young people with their learning
- working with individuals and groups of learners
- providing assistance by planning, implementing and evaluating small group learning sessions
- working with and including diverse learners
- key learning theories and children’s development
- providing a safe environment for learners.