New Zealand Certificate in Education Support (Level 4)
You can play an important role in young learner’s lives by supporting them during their education. This programme is delivered 100% online and you will be required to volunteer or work in an education setting for five hours per week.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$280 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
During this online programme you will be responsible for assisting teachers by helping learners with their learning programme and other needs. If you are currently working as a teacher aide, learning assistant, providing education support, this programme is a great way to gain formal recognition and new skills that you can apply straight to your job.
What you will learn
Once you have achieved this qualification you will know about:
- building professional relationships with learners and teaching staff
- assisting young people with their learning
- working with individuals and groups of learners
- providing assistance by planning, implementing and evaluating small group learning sessions
- working with and including diverse learners
- key learning theories and children’s development
- providing a safe environment for learners.
This qualification will prepare you for a career supporting learners across the early childhood, school and community education sectors.
Planning your study
You need to complete CES401 Introduction to Education Support before enrolling in the second course CES402 Education Support in Practice.
When you have completed the first course, CES402 will be available for enrolment. Please note schools are closed for their summer break so it is important to plan your enrolment with this in mind.