New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4)
This programme will provide the starting point for you if you want to explore a career in Information Technology.
Cost$716 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
What you will learn
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, applications, networks, storage, and security to provide support for hardware and software resources and a foundation for infrastructure in the IT Profession.
- Apply knowledge of database design, development, queries and management, to support organisational information systems requirements
- Apply knowledge and concepts of business analysis, user experience and interface design, to create interactive digital media.
- Apply knowledge of programming fundamentals, mathematical and logical concepts that underpin computational thinking, and concepts of software development to write code and create simple applications.
- Apply industry relevant project management and planning tools and methodologies to meet the requirements of specified briefs.
- Apply appropriate professional and ethical principles and practices to comply with essential legal and organisational requirements in a range of contexts within the IT industry. Communicate and collaborate clearly and professionally to maintain relationships and achieve objectives in a range of contexts within the IT industry.
Graduates of this certificate will have the transferable skills and knowledge to work in a range of entry level support roles in an organisation, which may include business support or retail roles, and some roles in the IT profession.
Maximum Programme Completion Time
To be awarded the qualification it must be completed in no more than 2 years of first enrolment, unless there are exceptional circumstances.