New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Leadership and Management)
This qualification will provide you with the skills to contribute to the achievement of business operational objectives, through the application of knowledge and skills, in an ethical and inclusive manner, in accordance with ngā kaupapa o te Tiriti o Waitangi (the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi) and in a multi-cultural environment.
Cost$2,600 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
Graduates of the Leadership and Management strand may be employed in a managerial/leadership operational role within New Zealand business entities.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification, you will know how to:
- Analyse the operational impact of internal and external environments on a business entity to inform decision-making.
- Apply broad knowledge of the principles and current practices of operations, accounting, marketing/sales, human resources, and risk management, to support the performance of a business entity.
- Contribute operationally to innovation and organisational change in a business entity.
- Develop and maintain operational business relationships with stakeholders to support the performance of a business entity.
- Apply knowledge of te Tiriti o Waitangi to analyse how the resulting bi-cultural partnership can be applied to operational business activities and relationships.
- Apply professional and ethical practices with integrity, in accordance with the operational environmental, social and cultural requirements of the context, and apply personal and interpersonal skills to contribute to the achievement of business operational objectives.
You will also learn how to:
- Identify operational issues and challenges and apply techniques for continuous improvement to support the entity's performance.
- Contribute to business planning to support the entity's performance.
- Lead others to implement activities, including change processes, within the entity's plans to support its performance.
- Manage projects within scope, resources, and time.
- Develop strategies for a positive workplace culture and team engagement, to value diversity and to support the entity's performance.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal and external requirements.