New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) [Version 2] (Residential Property Lending)
NZ231504 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (Residential Property Lending) is the qualification you need to meet the legal requirements for giving financial advice in New Zealand.
Study type Open
Important programme information
NZ231504 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (Residential Property Lending) is the current version of this certificate. It will give you the competence, knowledge and skills you need to give regulated financial advice in New Zealand.
Courses run for 16 teaching weeks.
Student loan eligibility
You may be eligible to apply for a student loan for this programme, but you need to structure your application for FSC521 and FSC522 to start at least two months apart. Upon successful completion of FSC521, submit your application for enrolment in the specialist course for your chosen strand.
About this qualification
This online programme will give you contextual knowledge for specialist roles within the residential property lending sector. You will be able to apply knowledge of residential property lending concepts, products, regulation and advice process.
It is of particular relevance to those seeking to provide individualised financial advice to meet clients’ personal needs.
What you will learn
When you complete this certificate, you will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and application of:
- good conduct obligations, including the advice process and the key elements of legal, ethical, and professional obligations
- key financial institutions, systems, markets, and products/services.
- key factors in the economic environment that impact participants in the financial services sector
- Provide residential property lending services using knowledge of residential property lending concepts, legislation, regulations, codes of conduct; and the purpose, responsibilities and roles of participants.
- Establish, analyse, and review a range of residential property lending needs, objectives, risk tolerance, and priorities.
- Analyse residential property lending products, structures, and options, when developing solutions to a range of residential property lending needs.
- Develop solutions to residential property lending needs using knowledge of the relationship between the economic environment and events, the residential property market, and the impacts on residential property lending.
- Apply the Six Step advice process to provide advice in a residential property lending context.
When you complete this qualification you will be qualified to work in a range of roles:
- mortgage broker,
- technical specialist,
- broker support,
- business development manager.
When you finish this qualification you could progress onto higher level qualifications in financial services, or other business and management including: