New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) [Version 2] (Life, Disability, and Health Insurance)
NZ231502 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (Life, Disability, and Health Insurance) is the qualification you need to meet the legal requirements for giving financial advice in New Zealand.
Study type Open
Important programme information
NZ231502 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (Life, Disability, and Health Insurance) is the current version of this certificate. It will give you the competence, knowledge and skills you need to give regulated financial advice in New Zealand.
Courses run for 16 teaching weeks.
You may be eligible to apply for a student loan for this programme, but you need to structure your application for FSC521 and FSC522 to start at least two months apart. Upon successful completion of FSC521, submit your application for enrolment in one of the strands.
About this qualification
This programme is suitable for people working in or who wish to work in the financial services industry.
It is of particular relevance to those seeking to provide individualised financial advice to meet clients’ personal needs.
What you will learn
When you complete this certificate, you will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and application of:
- good conduct obligations, including the advice process and the key elements of legal, ethical, and professional obligations
- key financial institutions, systems, markets, and products/services.
- key factors in the economic environment that impact participants in the financial services sector
- Provide life, disability, and health insurance services using knowledge of life, disability, and health insurance concepts, legislation, regulations, codes of conduct; and the purpose, responsibilities and roles of participants.
- Establish, analyse, and review a range of personal life, disability, and health insurance needs, objectives, risk tolerance, and priorities.
- Analyse life, disability, and health insurance products, structures, and options; Government support agency benefits; and potential non-insurance solutions when developing solutions to a range of personal life, disability, and health insurance needs.
- Provide life, disability, and health insurance services using knowledge of the processes of the application, underwriting, issue, maintenance, claims, cancellation, and ending of life, disability, and health insurance contracts
- Apply the Six Step advice process to provide advice in a life, disability, and health insurance context.
When you complete this qualification you will be qualified to work in a range of roles:
- insurance adviser
- technical specialist
you finish this qualification you could progress onto higher level qualifications in financial services, or other business and management including: