New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) [Version 2] (Investment)
NZ231501 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (Investment) is the qualification you need to meet the legal requirements for giving financial (investment) advice in New Zealand.
Study type Open
Important programme information
NZ231501 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) (Investment) is the current version of this certificate. It will give you the competence, knowledge and skills you need to give regulated financial advice in New Zealand.
Courses run for 16 teaching weeks.
You may be eligible to apply for a student loan for this programme, but you need to structure your application for FSC521 and FSC522 to start at least two months apart. Upon successful completion of FSC521, submit your application for enrolment in the specialist course in your chosen strand.
About this qualification
This programme is suitable for people working in or who wish to work in the financial services industry.
It is of particular relevance to those seeking to provide individualised financial advice to meet clients’ personal needs.
What you will learn
When you complete this certificate, you will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and application of:
- good conduct obligations, including the advice process and the key elements of legal, ethical, and professional obligations
- key financial institutions, systems, markets, and products/services.
- key factors in the economic environment that impact participants in the financial services sector
- Provide investment services using knowledge of investment concepts, legislation, regulations, codes of conduct; and the purpose, responsibilities and roles of participants.
- establish, analyse, and review a range of personal investment needs, objectives, risk tolerance, and priorities.
- analyse investment products, structures, options, benefits, risks, and limitations when developing solutions to a range of personal investment needs.
- develop solutions to personal investment needs using knowledge of the relationship between the economic environment and events, investor perceptions, and investment products.
- apply the Six Step advice process to provide advice in an investment context.
When you complete this qualification you will be qualified to work in a range of roles:
- Investment adviser,
- investment adviser support,
- business development manager
When you finish this qualification you could progress onto higher level qualifications in financial services, or other business and management including: