This online <span>Library and Information Services </span>course looks at the whole process of designing services in library and information service contexts. It considers the planning phase including conducting a needs assessment, community analysis, and community engagement with a range of communities, including Māori and Pasifika. The development phase of a service includes determining the best approach for service design and creating a business plan. The final phase considers programme delivery and assessing the quality of services for further planning and improvement.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $730 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,840 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Assess the need for library and information services within diverse communities including Māori and Pasifika, explain the context in which the need arises, and show how the services can be delivered.
- Design and develop effective planning tools for service development.
- Create a plan for service implementation, including partnerships, launch, delivery and evaluation.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
- New Zealand Certificate in Library and Information Services for Children and Teens (Level 6) (NZ3463)