This online vulnerability and safety course provides you with the opportunity to improve your working knowledge of vulnerability and abuse within a health care setting. This content links to safety of self as a healthcare assistant, people you work with (tāngata whaiora and colleagues), natural supports and community. You will apply safety and security practices under the direction of a health professional.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $525 + $60 annual administration fee
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Recognise and describe responses to vulnerability and abuse in a health care setting
- Describe relevant legislation that recognises vulnerability and abuse
- Apply health, safety and security practices in a health care setting under the direction of a health professional
- Describe risk management strategies
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: