This online course follows ENM1600 Engineering Mathematics in developing the theory and competencies needed for a wide range of engineering applications. In particular, the concepts and techniques of complex numbers, differential equations, multivariable calculus and linear algebra are broadened. These mathematical techniques are explored in the context of engineering applications.
Allow approximately 8-9 hours study time per week for each 15 credit course. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Cost2019NZ students $738 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Critically examine and apply mathematical techniques and skills to solve problems essential to further study in engineering and surveying;
- Proficiently apply mathematical techniques to analyse and solve basic mathematical and authentic engineering and surveying problems relevant to this course.
- Effectively communicate mathematical concepts and arguments using appropriate notation;
- Use computational aids for graphing, matrix manipulation, concept development and problem solving in algebra and calculus within engineering and surveying contexts.
40% internal assessment
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: