The online Technology Design Project is the capstone project course in the three year Bachelor of Engineering Technology program.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow approximately 8-9 hours study time per week for each 15 credit course. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Cost2019NZ students $738 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
- 120 Credits or more at Level 6 and Above.
If you need to discuss prerequisites for this course
This online course leads yout to an understanding of the philosophy and methodology of the design process in the context of systems which embrace political, sociological, economic, technical, and ergonomic aspects.
The project is team-based with students working in small groups of four students drawn from a specific discipline area.
This is a senior course and it is assumed that the student has the maturity, knowledge and skills base commensurate with having completed the first two years of their undergraduate course.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Conceptualize problems and develop strategic solutions from openended scenarios;
- Identify, review, and evaluate multidisciplinary design projects that require the system design approach;
- Rationalize, plan, develop, optimize, and communicate a system design in the wider engineering environment of statutes, ecology, common law, ergonomics, social acceptability, marketing, and economics, etc;
- Apply specialist knowledge and evaluative skills in a number of new areas within discipline specialisation;
- Transfer and apply appropriate use of computer technology to the design project;
- Cooperate as effective members of teams working on multidisciplinary projects;
- Communicate project results in a professional manner with correct Harvard referencing, formal report structure, an executive summary and a formal conveyance letter.
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: