This online course will enable you to understand the key features of creating a culture for learning within an educational context.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $415 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,250 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will examine key elements such as diversity, culture, language, behaviour and learning approaches.
You will consider how understanding these elements can contribute to fostering positive relationships and effective learning.
Teacher Education Refresh
This is the second course of the Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme.
This programme is specifically for teachers who are required by the Education Council to complete the Teacher Education Refresh programme before regaining their Practising Certificate.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Examine principles and strategies that support a culture for learning within an educational context.
- Critically apply strategies to support a culture for learning in a practice teaching situation.
- Recognise the unique status of tangata whenua and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the implications for teaching in Aotearoa New Zealand.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: