In this online ECE course, you will explore the theories of learning and development relevant to social and emotional competence and how these inform data gathering/assessment and teaching strategies and approaches.
This exploration includes analysis of the impact of diverse social-cultural influences including differing home situations, socio-economic backgrounds, and linguistic and cultural diversities on infants’, toddlers’, and young children’s social and emotional development. There is a focus on teaching strategies and approaches to guide and support infants’, toddlers’, and young children’s developing social and emotional competence.
Learners who successfully complete this online course will be able to:
- Explore the diverse socio-cultural factors and theories that inform our understanding of infants’, toddlers’, and young children’s learning and development and be able to relate this to their developing social and emotional competency skills.
- Examine the use of appropriate data gathering and assessment methods to assess and analyse infants’, toddlers’, and young children’s developing social and emotional competence.
- Analyse a range of teaching strategies that can be put in place to guide and support infants’, toddlers’, and young children’s social and emotional competence.
100% internal assessment
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications:
Course availability over the next 12 months