In this online course you will learn to discuss the end use of buildings in line with the building code and territorial authority requirements. You will also learn to understand services placement and use in a commercial structure. The materials and services that can be used to enhance the management of a commercial structure, to introduce the design and end user management functions of a medium building to category 3 will also be covered.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $600 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who complete this course will be able to (for a medium building of 3 levels)
- Identify and describe Building Code and Resource Management Act requirements for management of end-user facilities in a commercial structure.
- Discuss design requirements in terms of regulations and standards related to health, safety and disability in a commercial structure.
- Identify the services that are used in a commercial structure and their impacts on the design of the building.
- Identify and describe the materials used for linings, joinery, fitments and finishes to the interior and exterior of a commercial building.
- Identify the key features of BIM (Building Information Modelling) in the construction industry.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: