This online course will provide you with an understanding of what a Commercial building is. The course will cover how they are constructed, how structural products are used in these, and why specific design is necessary for these larger structures of a commercial nature that are buildings with more than two levels, that have specific requirements in terms of their design, the construction process, and related legislation.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $600 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
This online course will provide you with an understanding of the structural principles and specific design requirements for multi-levelled buildings.
Watch the course introduction video below for more information.
Students who complete this course will be able to (for a medium building of 3 levels)
- Demonstrate knowledge of structural principles to include specific design
- Identify and describe the impacts that a structure of specific design may have on a building taking into account loadings.
- Identify and describe fire protection systems in a commercial building and how this impacts on design and end use.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: